baby update


There's a baby coming soon.

On Thursday morning at 6 a.m., Scott and I will be checking into the hospital for a scheduled induction.

I'm feeling slightly defeated, yet almost relieved. There's a plan in place. I can exhale and relax knowing that my discomfort will soon be over, that our family can be involved, that we will meet the newest addition to our family very soon.

I'm still a bit emotional when it comes to Morgan, however. Tomorrow feels somewhat final... my last day as a mom to just one. I tried explaining my tears to Scott, comparing it to Morgan at age 13 weeks when I returned to work. It's a time in my life I'll never have back again. I can't stop forward momentum, but I still struggle with it. Isn't that strange? I've been longing for this baby, and yet I'm wishing the clock would tick a bit slower.

We'll spend the day around the house. Doing everything we normally might... caring for the baby dolls, playing with the house and farm, maybe some coloring, enjoying Sesame Street, and making sure Morgan's favorite Big Bird participates in it all.

Until Thursday...

4 comments:

Christina said...

Aww! I know a little about the way you feel about it being your "last day" but don't worry. It will get so much better. You will see! I'm glad there is a plan in place and you can now move onto the next big thing!!! wooohoo!

*~Dani~* said...

It must feel good knowing that you have THE day. I cannot believe you are still pregnant. I thought for sure the silence meant you were off in labor.

As for Morgan, both you and she will be greatly enriched with the new addition to your family. It is a big change, perhaps even more so than going back to work, but I think it will have a positive effect on your family dynamic.

Good luck tomorrow!

kelsey said...

Yah! I can't wait to meet him!

Amanda said...

Can't wait! I am anxiously awaiting your announcement!



Free Counters