40 weeks





As of yesterday's appointment, the OB says my body is nearly complete in it's preparations for birth. So why do I feel like I could be pregnant for several more days?

Things seem promising according to the stats, but yet I'm just not sure anymore if our baby boy is going to make his appearance anymore this weekend. I'm 3.5 centimeters dilated and the baby is low, low, low. I was offered an induction for Monday, but declined and scheduled another appointment for Tuesday instead. With our baby (shockingly) average in size, there's no need. I have minimal swelling and perfect blood pressure.

I do have my share of aches and pains, but not the kind that land a pregnant woman in the hospital. Every step I take is most uncomfortable on my abdominal muscles. Sleeping with my pillow wedged into my gut is fabulous, but being horizontal puts pressure on my head, almost like a sinus headache.

Nonetheless we walked this evening. As quickly as I could. Hoping to bring on some sort of signal that the end is around the corner.

Our key players are standing by. Every phone call I make starts with, "Don't get excited." The timing for a weekend baby is perfect for all involved, both our baby-sitters and hospital-goers.

Come on, Baby Boy. We're ready to say hello, face to face.

1 comments:

*~Dani~* said...

wow! I was hoping you were in labor right now. Will keep you in my thoughts! Hopefully no inducing!



Free Counters