The week of May 10, 2020
With Scott on crutches from his surgery, the kids have picked up the slack, and they are excelling at it. I've always thought we've been good about doling out chores, but I see that they are more capable than I've pushed for. That, and the fact that we are home 24-7, means they are rocking the extra work. It never would have happened during a hectic school year with sports, piano, etc.
Mother's Day was different, but nice. The kids and I went for a walk in the woods. I was pampered at "the salon" and even had my nails done. I made my own dinner and dessert (and coffee!), but the kids set a nice table with china and cleaned it all up. Scott's parents stopped over for a driveway visit, and we had our weekly Zoom with my family.
Our yard work began, and it was impressive. We are thrilled with how it turned out (click here!) and are now waiting for grass to grow. I transplanted some irises from next door and created a border along the north side of our property to keep a separation between the new grass and the woods.
On Tuesday, the Blue Angels had a metro area flyover to saute front line workers. We met the Phillips and Hardy families in the Aldi parking lot and had a great view. It was short, but it was fun.
After realizing I killed some of the veggie seeds, we started over with cucumber and green beans.
School is wrapping up soon! Just around the corner. I think everyone is excited about that. Morgan has one last science powerpoint to create and the boys just want to make stuff for fun.
our new normal: week 9
Saturday, May 16, 2020 Posted by Rach at 8:38 PM
Labels: CoronaVirus, mother's day
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


0 comments:
Post a Comment