therapeutic


We've finally received a substantial amount of snow around here. Brace yourself. Three whole inches!

So this morning - after Scott left for work, after Andrew was taking his first nap, after I conceded and let Morgan watch Sesame Street - I bundled up with a monitor in my pocket and made my way outdoors. The garage door lifted. I grabbed one of the shovels and spent the next 30 minutes clearing the driveway and sidewalks.

At the end of the block I could see another man shoveling his own walk. A few minutes later, a lone car drove past, it's muffler noise muted by the blanketed snow. All was quiet. So peaceful and still.

No cries for Mommy. No squeals from Abby and Elmo. No neighbors outside yet. No rumbling snowblowers.

Just me and my shovel. And the silence.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

When Luke was little I remember walking to take out the recyclables and enjoying the quick moment by myself in the sunshine. Good for you for enjoying the fleeting moments!

*~Dani~* said...

I love the quietness and peacefulness of shoveling after a huge snow, even if I do hate shoveling. I can only imagine how quiet it would be to someone with two children!



Free Counters