when it rains, it pours

Computer? Won't boot up.
Snowblower? Pull cord busted.
Microwave? Does everything but heat.
Television? Images getting darker by the minute.

We can obvioulsy manage without out each of these luxuries, but it sure is hard. Packing up Morgan and her toys to get online at my in-laws is challenging. Quickly shoveling the entire driveway by hand while Morgan naps is... good exercise? Using a 10-year-old microwave as a substitute takes twice as long to defrost and burns popcorn. And a 19" television is, well, just plain small. Woe is me, right?

I know, I know... there's more to life...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can you add my computer to the list please? Thanks!

Amanda said...

Woe, woe!

Anonymous said...

Yes, it is giving you an opportunity to think about the difference between "wants" and "needs". Do you have a roof over your head? A warm bed to sleep in? Food on the table? BE GRATEFUL!

Anonymous said...

Ah, the younger generation. These are things you grew up with, I bet.
When I was growing up:
Computer?--didn't exist
Snowblower?--why would you want to BLOW the snow? Strange.
Microwave?--only the Jetsons had one
TV?--19" was a giant screen to watch all 4 channels on!
We do love our conveniences and they've become our necessities.
Hang in there!

Anonymous said...

Kevin says, at least you did not have to shovel 108" (and counting) this winter after plowing all night!! Winters in Holland:( But a 19" t.v. is ok, just got a 19"LCD HD and it is perfect.



Free Counters