spring forward

Our week is off to a great start.

Daylight savings really isn't so bad! My mood has been uplifted with the extra daylight. Scott is reaping the benfits of a happy wife, and Morgan is still the queen of sleeping.

To update, the computer is a go. We have our lives back! Have you ever realized the necessity for such an item? To pay bills, renew library books, locate addresses, book appointments, confirm meetings, check email, read the news??? And that is just the tip of the iceberg, my friends. I think it's accurate to say that I spend more time on the computer than I do watching television. My spouse on the other hand...

Thankfully for Scott, our television connoisseur, the TV repair was only $40; not the $400 we were dreading.

And a customer of Scott's described exactly what needed to be done to get our snowblower up and running. We're determined to make the 30+ year old Toro roar again without spending a dime.

The microwave? Well, it is what it is. Our substitute from my freshman year in college will just have to do. I think it will be a good exercise in patience for me. I'm hoping we can tolerate it until next Christmas, when I am certain a new one will be on our wish list.

The moral of the story (the moral that I knew full well last week, but wanted to pout about anyways) is that there's more to life than stuff. If we have happiness within our four walls with Christ at our center, well, then we're all set.

Matthew 6:30-34 (The Message version)
If God gives such attention to the appearance of wildflowers—most of which are never even seen—don't you think he'll attend to you, take pride in you, do his best for you? What I'm trying to do here is to get you to relax, to not be so preoccupied with getting, so you can respond to God's giving. People who don't know God and the way he works fuss over these things, but you know both God and how he works. Steep your life in God-reality, God-initiative, God-provisions. Don't worry about missing out. You'll find all your everyday human concerns will be met. Give your entire attention to what God is doing right now, and don't get worked up about what may or may not happen tomorrow. God will help you deal with whatever hard things come up when the time comes.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kevin says, Love it;)
God is always faithful!



Free Counters