Morgan has slept through the night since she was just eight weeks old. The girl loves to sleep, and so do her parents. So the fact that she sleeps 12 hours every night like clockwork is the most lovely gift.
Unfortunately, I no longer am able to move swiftly into slumber as soon as my head hits the pillow. It doesn't seem to matter how late I stay up or how early I go to bed. Getting to sleep is a challenge.
I've started wondering if this is a mommy thing. Does the mind of a mother suddenly become so overwhelmed with data that it can't help but keep going, even when she's put on the brakes?
Now that I stay home with Morgan every day, I've realized that I just don't have the same stresses as before. Sure, I'm involved with things at church, other moms and a weekly routine of grocery shopping and laundry. I have obligations and responsibilities that go beyond my family. But nothing as difficult as balancing work and home. So why do I lie awake for a half hour every night before feeling the slightest bit sleepy?
I know two people who can surely vouch for me and the past 30 years of my life... Rachel and sleep are practically synonymous. So what gives?
sleepless nights
Sunday, February 24, 2008 Posted by Rach at 4:46 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
I have the same problem!
Post a Comment