I am feasting on a pile of new books, and I couldn't be more excited.
Over the past several weeks, I'd been experiencing a reading drought. The latest Consumer Reports was devoured in a day, as was any clothing catalog or newspaper in sight. My Real Simple subscription ran out a month ago, and I can't bring myself to pre-read chapters of What to Expect the First Year.
Thankfully some new books have come my way. The first was a gift from Sarah: Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert. The second, a gift from Jessica: Deceptively Delicious: Simple Secrets to Get Your Kids Eating Good Food by Jessica Seinfeld. While both books were on my radar, neither were likely to end up in my living room by my own accord. I am, however, looking forward to reading each of these. Judging by the covers alone, they look like fun, insightful reads.
The third book just came in from the library today. It's called There's a Business in Every Woman by Ann Holmes. I am hopeful that this book provides some insight and affirmation on a new development in our household (I hope to share more on my new venture in the future).
Needless to say, I've suddenly found myself entertained! And it couldn't have come at a better time. I'm pretty sure last week was my breaking point with this fabulous season we call winter. At least now I can cuddle up with a few good books to get me through.
feast or famine
Tuesday, February 19, 2008 Posted by Rach at 2:57 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Rachel~
I am looking forward to hearing your thoughts on Eat, Pray, Love & Deceptively Delicious. I have read them both in the last month. In fact they have been my only pleasure reading in the midst of a lot of academic reading. Gilbert gave me a lot of food for thought & Seinfeld a lot of food for my family (which they are "deceived" by)!
Enjoy!
Wow, you sound so educated with all your books.... and here I'm just wrapped up in "Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince"!
Post a Comment