dress rehearsal


With just weeks remaining until Halloween - and no great sewing plan yet in place to make these guys - I had the kids try out some costumes that were homemade with love years ago by Mom and Aunt Becky. Or maybe just Mom. Not sure.

I hauled the box out from the basement storage closet and let the kids explore. If Morgan tried it on, Andrew had to as well. Some costumes were bigger than others.




























They had fun, but in the end, they want to be Bob and Larry. I'm hoping to whip something up from my stash of felt, using last year's costume as inspiration. And maybe these vintage costumes will stand another chance next year.

5 comments:

Sarah said...

How do you manage to snatch all the great holiday homemade goods?! The advent calendar too!

Rach said...

These came unsolicited in a box with Aunt Becky's writing! You are welcome to them any time :)

Aunt Sue M said...

Rachel, we have photos of you all in these costumes with Amy and Kevin...good memories!

Mom said...

I have to add here that Grandma B made some of these for the fabric store that she worked at, I made a few and A Becky made a few. Grandma B made most of them for mdoels at the store.

mom said...

I have more! bigger kids.....



Free Counters