so proud


We interrupt our regularly scheduled programming to bring you this very important message. There's been a breakthrough in the Scott and Rach Household today involving their eldest child, Morgan. It seems that she had an unexplained desire to play in the water. After discovering the infant bath tub and some old bath toys, she asked her mom about using them in water.

Cut to B-Roll Interview of Mommy:
"I just told Morgan we should play with those things in the backyard and she agreed. Then after a few minutes, she showed me her wet shirt, and I suggested her swimsuit. I couldn't believe it - she liked that idea! And also liked the idea of filling up the kiddie pool."
















For the next hour, Morgan and her younger brother, Andrew, enjoyed pouring, splashing and playing in the water. Ordinary to other preschoolers, Morgan uttered never-before heard words during her water experience, including:

* Oooh, this feels nice.
* I like my swimsuit.
* Can I put my hands in the hose?
* I think the pool needs more water.
* Look, Mommy, I'm stepping in the GRASS!
* I want to play in the water more after dinner.
* Can I take a bath in here?
















We have unconfirmed reports that Daddy had a tear in his eye when he returned from work, however our sources do tell us that he spoke with amazement when he walked in the backyard and discovered his cautious daughter sitting in the pool.




















It's uncertain if this newfound fascination with water will continue, but her parents are hopeful the trend is here for good. Stay tuned to Our Little Corner of the World for further updates on The Morgan Breakthroughs.


2 comments:

Anne said...

So happy for ALL of you! (And very clever writing, Rachel!) :)

*~Dani~* said...

I figured this would happen sooner or later. Wouldn't it be funny if she grew up to be an Olympic swimmer?



Free Counters