finally


On our way to church this morning, a band of electric company trucks turned down our street. Sadly when I tried the garage door opener upon our return, it didn't lift the door. And so it went all day. A truck here, a truck there. I was ready to stand at the end of the driveway and flag down a driver. Patience isn't my strong suit.

I've been emailing my family updates (via the generator) about our storm saga and lack of power. I don't know that they cared to read about our woes every day, but tonight, I sent them this message:

Three days and three nights without power is a long time. Our spirits were sinking quickly today, everyone here is tired. But tonight at 9:00 p.m. we got our first flicker of light. Slowly we were powered up to full strength and here I am making my Meijer list for tomorrow morning. What relief. Like I told Mom tonight, I am hitting the hay early, just as soon as I finish up. It's a beautiful night (finally, ironically)... clear and cool and QUIET outside. No generators from anywhere in our neighborhood, just the sound of a breeze in the trees and crickets chiping. So lovely.


Thanks for coming along on the journey :)
Rach
 
Scott is sitting beside me on the couch with ESPN News on the big screen, remote in hand. I have a blanket on my legs along with the laptop. And the beautiful white noise of fans is coming from the kids' rooms. All is right in Our Little Corner of the World.

0 comments:



Free Counters