Since Morgan was born, I've had my eye on one Hobo International clutch. Perfect to slip in and out of the diaper bag, holds everything I need, and looks stylish, too. But it's pricey. I would see them at all the fancy department stores, but never on sale. No sale? No deal.
Last Friday night, however, I spotted one on the Reduced table* at Nordstrom. I was elated! Ecstatic! I bought it. Saturday morning came, and with it, the realization that in broad daylight, the color I thought was caramel was indeed "Yam". Ugh. Too orange. And back to Nordstrom it went.
But it got me thinking about one of the few internet shopping sites I had yet to conquer: e-Bay. I could never justify parting with such mad cash for a purse. So I didn't. Instead? I paid a visit to the online shopping Mecca and discovered a world of brand new Hobo clutches up for auction.
On Sunday (with some pointers from my personal eBay expert, Jessica) I finally navigated my way through the site where I bid on and won my very first item:
My new clutch arrived today in record time, and it's amazing. The leather smells divine. And I scored it for $20, plus shipping. Ahhh... thank you, eBay! I'll be back soon. I'm hooked.
* In case you weren't aware, "reduced" is the fancy Nordstrom department store word for CLEARANCE! I don't care what you call it, I can sniff out a sale anywhere!
3 comments:
Could you kick yourself for not thinking of ebay earlier!?
OK, very nice purse. Congratulations. Now, how about some more pictures of the kids? :)
Diane from MCC
Having seen this in person, I must say it is beautiful and you should be proud of your very first ebay purchase!
Post a Comment