happenings


Winter seems to be dragging on at our house with no real end in sight. Each week seems like a repeat of the one before, and while routines are great, I'm starting to wish we had a new one in place. One that involved more time outside and less time bundling up to get there. We're doing our best to stay occupied while we wait for the seasons to change.

The past three weekends were filled with family time. Scott's regular Mondays off surrounded the President's Day observance, giving him three three-day weekends in a row. Nice. During that time, he was often found in the middle of our living room surrounded by toys and kids.




Morgan enjoyed Valentine's Day, and the special note she received in the mail from her favorite teacher at church. Included was a heart-shaped necklace that she's been wearing daily.

The long days inside have been hard on her. Either that, or she's finally realized how fun it is to push her parents' buttons! As much as we try to stay busy with play-doh and paint, with Candy Land and Memory Game, with the explosion of toys that was Christmas... it's sometimes not enough. Thankfully Andrew is growing quickly, and becoming more of a playmate to her each day.



















Andrew adores Morgan, even when she's not her best self (see picture below). He watches her every move, and I'm certain, wonders how he, too, can jump around the room or run so fast. He is so incredibly persistent, it won't be long before his newest skills of rolling both ways will become trivial to him.















As of today Andrew has a matching set of bottom teeth. The newest can opener (as Scott likes to call them) has poked through, and Andrew continues to chew everything in sight to ease the pain. Morgan's constantly playing mother and can be heard saying, "Don't eat dat, Andwew" as he shoves another item into his mouth.



















As for me? Well I celebrated another birthday, complete with flowers and Skype and well wishes for a happy day. I don't know what I imagined my life to be at age 32, but this is it! I'm living it! And thankful for all our blessings.

3 comments:

Christina said...

Andrew looks just like his daddy!!

*~Dani~* said...

I cannot believe how quickly Andrew is growing! I love all of the pictures. Also? I cannot wait for spring. I, too, am going restless even if I don't go outside much :)

Amanda said...

Haha! I was going to say, Andrew is looking a lot more like Scott!



Free Counters