her christmas favorites


The chaos of Christmas has come and gone, and we've had an entire week to recuperate at home and get readjusted. Our decorations are down, new clothes have been washed and put away, and the routines are back.

Earlier this week as I unpackaged one of Morgan's newest gifts, I started flipping through the attached brochure and immediately noticed the company's motto: When the toy does less, the child does more. This trademarked slogan stopped me in my tracks.

"Yes!" I exclaimed to Morgan as we sat on the floor of the living room. This is so true!

It's the puzzles that Morgan enjoys most, the letters of her new Magnet School and making her baby doll act out the motions to her favorite songs. It's sitting at her table to color, or standing on her stool in the bathroom to primp. It's when she's inventing, creating and discovering on her own that she's most happy. Best of all? It's those happy times where the learning happens unbeknownst to her and Morgan's truly flourishes.





3 comments:

*~Dani~* said...

Oh my gosh! That picture of her primping is too precious!

Amanda said...

Addie has a puzzle like that... I think her favorite thing to so with it is hit me in the head :(

Kami/The Elegant Elle said...

The pic of her primping is so precious! And yes, what a great motto, it is so true! When the toy does less, the child does do more and they enjoy it so much more!



Free Counters