As is tradition, we spent the the holiday weekend at The Lake, and I wouldn't have wanted it any other way. Even with Sarah and Doug 1400 miles away, windy weather, a 12-hour power outage, impending Mayflies and the realization that our surroundings are changing, the weekend was nothing short of wonderful.
Joel and Scott get the fireplace up and running. 
Dad makes the popcorn for Saturday night sports and cards!
... and the grill for Sunday dinner.

Brianna says, "The Lake isn't too cold!"
Daddy and Morgan

Sunday fire





There was no lakefront view for the bon fire - too much wind.
So we set up shop out back behind the garage.
Little did we know that the wind would bring with it a ferocious storm. Not much rain, but a whole lot of thunder, lightening and drama. The power went out around 2:30am Monday morning, and didn't return until 2:30pm that afternoon. Doesn't seem like a big deal on an 80 degree holiday... unless your water comes from a well, and your only available frying pan is electric.

Grandma M's electric frying pan was useless without power, so our "big breakfast" was cooked piece-meal in a sauce pan. Here's Mom making "the best scrambled eggs we've ever had!"
Morgan and I on the boat.
And later, one of the jet skis goes in the water.

Hot and hazy relaxation before heading home.
Our home sweet (away from home) home. A fabulous place filled with many memories, shared with our family by one very special lady. And prepped for the season with lots of hard work by two very special parents, plus a special brother and his girlfriend. Thanks for all your elbow grease, top to bottom, from ceiling fan to dainty doily. Without you? Impossible.








4 comments:
Great blogging Rach. I knew I would get a good rendition of the weekend :) Maybe we can plan a similar overnight Lake adventure for this summer, but with power!
"Morgan and me on the boat" :) Sorry, I HAD to, Julie corrected my grammar, so I had to do it to someone!!!
LOVE the pink floppy hat! Looks like a fun weekend!!!!!!
Rach you are so good with words....nice job!
I miss the lake:( Great memories there. Kevin
Post a Comment