When I was a junior or senior in high school and playing Varsity girls basketball, I found myself in a situation that took complete hold of my emotions. While I don't recall the score or outcome of the game that night, I do remember the other coach, a grown man, insulting my teammate and tearing her down. I overheard him telling his own girls that our point guard was worthless and slow because of her weight. Nice.
I was so infuriated by this person's actions that I proceeded to march over to the opponent's bench after the game and give the coach a piece of my mind, telling him that I didn't appreciate those horrible comments about my teammate. He was hurtful, so hurtful, and I wanted him to know that his words would have repercussions with me!
Seconds later, my own coach arrived to my verbal confrontation and that's where it ended. But even today, I am finding myself in a similar situation. Someone I love has just been hurt immensely, and I'd like to say a thing or two. But unfortunately it's not my place. Instead I'll have to look on as an outsider, and grab some gauze for my bleeding tongue.
bite your tongue
Wednesday, December 12, 2007 Posted by Rach at 3:40 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
I have the same problem, Rach. I often want to say something so badly, but I realize it's not my place. God has taught me a lot of patience and tongue-holding in the past few months and years!
Post a Comment