When I was little, celebrating our nation's independence was pretty fun. We ran around with all my cousins and waved sparklers during the bon fire. We watched the official fireworks display over the waters of Gun Lake. Good times.
Well now it seems that sparklers are no longer good enough, at least in my neighborhood. Since last Saturday (that would be June 23, JUNE 23!!!), I've gone to bed listening to neighbors near and far light off fireworks. Why? What is the thrill?
When I told Scott I was going to blog about this annoyance of mine, he said, "Honey, people like fireworks."
"Not THIS people," I replied.
If I may be so bold... fireworks are a waste of my money, provide little gratification and are disruptive to others. Especially on cool nights when gentle breezes are supposed to be blowing through my windows. Not to mention they are dangerous.
There. I've said it. If you get excited about loud noises and flashy lights, that's great. Go to Las Vegas. You'll find lots of noise and lights there. Me? No thanks. I'm off to bed.
noise and lights?
Saturday, June 30, 2007 Posted by Rach at 10:20 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Well this one seems to be a typical Rachel rant...it sounds about right.
I'm with you Rachel. This year i am not purchasing them. They are illegal in St. Louis County. But everyone is already shooting them off. It would mean more if they saved them for the fouth. I feel your pain.
They were cool until they woke my baby up. Anything that wakes a baby up is not cool. Anything.
Post a Comment