grand finale

So this was it. This was my maternity leave. Today concludes 12 short weeks of time at home with my sweet little Morgan, and it kills me. Sure, we have all next week together at the big family gathering in Colorado, but we're not really home. And I won't be really getting that awesome one-on-one time that I've grown to love over the past three months.

As I'm watching her tonight under her baby gym, talking to the animals and pulling on their legs, I'm wondering what I'll be missing out on. And as I rock her to sleep later on, it will probably bring tears to my eyes to know that I'll only get to do that one time a day from now on, as opposed to every naptime like I've grown accustomed to doing.

With the cloud of work looming over my head, I know this vacation will be bittersweet. But at least I'll be going out with a bang, right? When it's all said and done, I'll have had a lucky 13 weeks away from work. Any chance we could be lucky lotto winners and stay-at-home parents? Nope (not when you don't even play the lottery)!

Instead I keep repeating "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me" from Philippians 4:13. And I can. I will. Because He's got my back like no one else.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Rachel, I just wanted to let you know that I keep up with your blog but am horrible about responding or posting a message. I love that you post so many pictures of your family. It makes me feel like I get to see you more than I really do. Morgan is precious, I can imagine how much fun you are having right now (I am sure that you miss sleep the most) Enjoy these times.

Heidi

Anonymous said...

You can do ALL things through Christ. Take a leap of faith, turn in your 2 weeks. Trust Him, HE WILL NOT DISAPPOINT. We are living proof!!!
A message form the Holland area;)

Em said...

You can do this, Rach.

Lots of thoughts and prayers to you in the coming weeks.

Em

(PS I started blogging...I think you just have to click my name??)



Free Counters