last weekend's pics

Finally, I got these stupid pictures up on this blog. I have been so frustrated trying to upload photos these days... I have no idea what has changed to cause these issues, but nonetheless, here's the pictures from a wedding we attended way back on June 9th...




Scott's parents



Our great friends, Phil and Kar



The happy couple



Who are these crazy ladies?








And these are the pictures from Race For The Cure from Saturday, June 10. We were able to attend through Scott's work (this was considered a volunteer opportunity), and it was great to see how another non-profit put on such a huge walk. It gave me some great ideas for my own walk in August that I'm planning, and I made some great professional connections!

Race For the Cure also was emotional, and much to my surprise, I became wrapped up in the moment... it was neat to see the joy survivors had in living and the tribute paid to those who fought (and sometimes lost) the battle.

My mom has never been one to don a pink ribbon or promote awareness, and maybe that's why I thought Saturday morning would be no more than good exercise and a chance to scout out the competition. Little did I know I would become so moved. It was a great experience.





0 comments:



Free Counters