closet makeover

At Scott's request, here are some pictures of last weekend's closet remodel of the guest/front bedroom (for some reason, I can't get him into this blogging thing). I don't really think the pictures do it justice... we went from a previous homeowner's idea of organized living to our structurally-sound, pretty-painted and Rachel-organized closet.

This photo was taken on the day of our inspection, back in May of 2004. So... this is not our stuff in the closet. You can see that Dave-the-handyman owner attempted to build onto the existing standard closet shelf. It was very sloppy and unstable.



We failed to get out the camera during demo. But this is the finished product after spackle, primer, paint and installation. And let me just tell you... the color is courtesy of an "oops" can at Lowe's for just $5.



We can actually fit a ton of stuff in here, even though I look at this picture now and realize what a small closet this really is. Those are Scott's shirts, and I've got some dresses on the far right, hidden by the door. And the rest will be excess blankets, pillows and other linens.


4 comments:

amy said...

rachel - i totally remember you now. when did you start coming to city? wasn't in 7th grade was it?? your blog is so cute, we are a lot alike, i am a crazy organizer who buys and wraps my christmas presents like 3 months in advance (though this year i am buying them all this summer cause i will have a newborn in november/december!) thanks for commenting on my blog - did you graduate from city?

Anonymous said...

Rachel:
A fitting motto for you:
All things done decently and in good order!

The closet looks great!

Rach said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Rach said...

Amy... I didn't come to City until 9th grade. Pretty sure you were a west-sider and rode the bus with all of us... Michelle, Jenny, Chasity? And yes, I made it to graduation. In fact, my little sister and brother are alumni as well.

Is Brent your cousin or related to you? He and my brother grew up playing Western Little League together and are still buddies.

Congratulations on the soon-to-be addition to your family, how exciting!



Free Counters