Growing up, Christmas stretched from the weekend before all the way to New Years, depending on which family's house we would travel to, and how we could best finagle the plans. This year, Scott and I had five celebrations in just three days, which was definitely an adjustment. I'm guessing (and hoping) that things will change for future years, and we won't be attempting a feat that involves long travel, late nights and early mornings. How much more exciting to have days on end to which we can look forward, instead of cramming it into one continuous event! Here's the blow-by-blow...
Friday morning we made a visit to Pete and Amy's house (which is absolutely adorable and charming). Here they are in their living room.
Friday night was the Meyering christmas at Mom and Dad's. Here's Aunt Kelli, Grandma and Sarah looking at Sarah's wedding photos.
I think Aunt Sue likes her gift. 
Uncle Les and Denae just hanging out.
Joel in engaging conversation with the Grandmas.
Sarah and I smiling for the camera.
Saturday afternoon was our Christmas celebration with the Nelson's. Here's the kids and Grandma as they open their gifts from her.
On Saturday night (Christmas Eve) after church, we made sure to get some shots in our finest duds. Here's Dad, Scott, Joel and Doug. Mom now has her own "three sons".
The original three Meyerings.
Classic Joel and Sarah goofing around. Can you hear the kackle?
Rach and Scott.
Sunday afternoon (Christmas Day) was spent at Scott's parents with his brother. Here's the four of them... I'm taking the photo.
the whirlwind that was Christmas
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Rach and Scott, Christmas can't come soon enough and then, you're right, it goes so fast! Thanks for making it all work in just one weekend. We appreciate it. It's a hard choice between "down time" and seeing all the family. Right now, we're trying to do it all! Happy New Year!
Post a Comment