The week of April 13, 2020
Easter Sunday kicked off our week. I worked hard to keep traditions because it not only made the day special, but gave me a lot of comfort to do the things we would have done despite Coronavirus. The day was pretty great considering it was just the five of us. G&G N came over in the afternoon and parked in the driveway for a bit so we could visit from a distance.
This was our first week back to school after Spring Break. We started on Tuesday, and we will continue to have our distance-learning school Tuesdays through Fridays. Our principal is adamant that teachers get to save Sundays for sabbath, for family time - not for creating videos and uploading content. A Zoom staff/faculty meeting on Friday confirmed that this was such a gift for them.
The weather was awful every day, in the low 40s, and we even had snow multiple days. We didn't get outside much. I took a 25 minute walk alone on Thursday, despite the biting cold wind, and it helped improve my spirits. I'm losing motivation to keep up with my routine on fitnessblender.com. Change can be good - I see more walks in my future.
Memories from the week:
Andrew was able to present his Colorado project via video and it was shared with his class.
I made efforts to keep the dining/school room organized.
We moved our newly planted seeds inside because of the weather (except for Andrew's lettuce).
While Home Depot and Lowe's are forbidden to sell paint, Sherwin-Williams provided all we needed to get the laundry room makeover going.
I ordered a new vanity for the green bath and some tile re-finisher for my chubby friends in the kitchen. (maybe some progress pictures in future posts)
Our next-door neighbors returned from Florida with the massive camper in tow.
And a huge, devastating low to end our week: GG (the one mentioned in this story) is in the hospital and is getting ready to meet Jesus. Her kidneys are failing, and her arteries and aorta are filled with clots. She's progressing toward her heavenly home and dare I say she is looking forward to it. The news brings me both great comfort and great sadness. I'm really missing my family this week.
our new normal: week 5
Saturday, April 18, 2020 Posted by Rach at 8:47 PM
Labels: CoronaVirus, easter
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








0 comments:
Post a Comment