on friendship

 Over the past couple of years, I have  been praying about friendships. Friendships especially for oMorgan. Oh sure, I have prayed that the boys would find good buddies, but authentic relationships for girls seem hard to come by.   I have asked for Morgan's path to cross with girls who affirm her, love her, share her beliefs. And He has provided.

 But it was not until this evening, crammed into our dear friends' basement, that I realized He has provided for Scott and I, too. Providing for a need I never knew we had. We've been doing life with a particular crew of people the last few years, and I used to think we were just fortunate. Blessed to have fallen into community with some great folks. But it struck me tonight that these people do for us what I've prayed about for Morgan. They affirm us, love us, share our beliefs. And it isn't  just coincidence.

I paused for a moment in the middle of the chaos, imagining what our New Years Eve party might look like ten years from now, or heck, even five. Who will our kids be? Will we still be gathered, navigating parenthood together?

I hope so.

Community matters. And I'm so grateful we have it.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful blessing. God will provide if you let him, trust him, in his own way and his own time. Amen!? Easy to say, hard to live ...



Free Counters