if only


Last night before bed, Andrew was a busy boy, asking Scott, "Can I have some water in my pans?"

Hmm.

"Buh, buh, buh, but I need water to get dinner started like the Barefoot Contessa," he pleaded.

Like who?

"Like the Barefoot Contessa. I need water so I can get dinner started," he said with all sincerity.

























Oh, how I wish I could send Andrew into my kitchen to get our dinner started, especially this week. I've experienced my first encounter with serious illness as a stay-at-home-mom. With a sinus infection gone wrong, a 102 degree fever and lack of adequate sleep, I've needed a vacation from motherhood. Thankfully I was able to call in a sick-day - I have an awesome husband who stayed home to take care of household business. And me.

A trip to Urgent Care and a prescription for antibiotics has me on the mend. I've tried hard today to take it easy, to let someone else handle the dailies, and to realize that not everything needs to be done immediately.

Better now than in a few weeks, I suppose. Christmas preparations will be underway on Saturday when we get a tree and begin to decorate around the house. No time for sickness!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

I hope you feel better soon! Didn't you get the memo that the world ends when Mommy is sick? Let me know if you need anything ok!!!



Free Counters