It's amazing how slowly change can happen. As I look at the threads hanging off the edges of the bathroom towels, I wonder when they started unraveling in the first place. The pots and pans have seen better days, and the non-stick surface that made for flawless cooking in the beginning is now flaking. (And I wonder, how far gone is too far for these to be safe??? I also wonder how I got roped into non-stick in the first place.) Some cereals bowls have been chipped, some drinking glasses have broken. Things that were new seven years ago are now showing signs of age.
Are we?
I know we're a little more weathered than we were in 2004. A few more wrinkles around the eyes and pounds around the middle. We each have age spots and blemishes that tell a story. And I think you'd agree that my grays are much easier to spot. Yes, we've aged.
But unlike the gifts that were given to us seven years ago, we haven't lost our place. The original towels are now designated for car washes and cleaning. The pans exchanged one at a time. The glass recycled. But not us.
Instead of being tossed because of our flaws, we're more comfortable. More in sync. We still stack up perfectly, just like the cereal bowls, regardless of how many chips or runs through the dishwasher.
Thanks for loving me regardless. Can't wait to see how long the duvet cover lasts ;)
Happy anniversary.
better with age
Sunday, August 7, 2011 Posted by Rach at 8:07 AM
Labels: anniversary
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Amen! And again, I say Amen!
Love grows and evolves with time. At the beginning, you never could have dreamed how deep it goes.
And just imagine.....God's love for us is infinitely greater! How amazing!
We love you both more that you can imagine!
Happy Anniversary guys!
Kev is a bit surprised that you haven't already replaced your duvet cover...we're already on our third one;)
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!
Post a Comment