Oh, my days are just dragging. I only have five workdays remaining until I am home for good, and already my mind has started a running list of things I'm anxious to do.
Every time I open the fridge and see the film of grossness on the shelves, I cringe. When I think about all the crumbs hiding under the stove, I want to move it immediately and clean! Knowing our house has not been vacuumed in weeks is making me itch. The furniture in the living room looks tired. I know it wants to be rearranged. After all, it's been that way since Christmas. I want to wash duvet and pillow covers, the mattress pad, the curtains. Send my work clothes for a final dryclean. Sort out the basement. Sweep the garage. Re-line the pantry shelves. Make applesauce, a cheesecake and dinners that take more than 20 minutes.
This is not Autumn nesting, but instead a buildup of things that I've been wanting to do for months. Things that take a backseat when working full-time and taking care of a baby and husband. Things that, oddly enough, make me feel better when accomplished.
My mind is always this way... it remembers the dirty dish on the counter, and after seeing it one too many times, forces me to immediately get it into the dishwasher. I then proceed to start picking up the rest of the house because heaven forbid I go to sleep with CLUTTER exposed willy-nilly around our home. Borderline disorder? No. Rachel in control of her environment? Yes.
My lists come and go, and I know this new journey will probably just turn them into one continuous roll of tasks. Never ending, I'm sure. It doesn't matter, at least not today. I can't wait to lace up my tennis shoes and get to work on my self-imposed honey-do list!
honey-do list
Wednesday, October 3, 2007 Posted by Rach at 10:34 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I wish I were as ambitios as you!!! Just the other week I was putting away stuff in a bag, a bag that I took to the HOSPITAL!!!! It is hard to keep up, we had so many plans last night, but a crabby baby pushed them all aside!
Congrats on your last week of working, Morgan is going to be so happy to have you all day!!!
I think it is like nesting Rachel. This is a whole new start of a new path for you, and how nice it would be to have things cleaned and organized in the way you want/need them to be while you're rolling up the sleeves to be a full time mom.
I disagree with Amy. It's not nesting, it's who we are!!
I am *exactly* the same way. Freakish perhaps, but it is the way things need to be.
And I promise to blog more to keep you occupied. Tomorrow's entry (I am working on it now) is an interesting one.
Rach....Do you think you inherited those genes from ...mmmm.....your MOM???? Go figure!
Post a Comment