The two of us were definitely busy this past weekend. Friday night we watched one of our free movies from the library, Ladder 49. I told Scott I wasn't going to get emotionally attached, but in the end, I needed a kleenex. It was a tear-jerker for sure.
Saturday was our big day with Habitat for Hummanity. We signed up through church, had a great time, and are now full-fledged experts when it comes to siding a house. Lots of up and down on the ladder, making measurements and cuts. I only managed to put my thumb in between the hammer and nail three times! Hopefully there will be pictures to post soon.
Sunday was incredibly windy. I thought the roof was going to come off our church at any moment, it was pretty powerful. It was All Saints Sunday, complete with a trumpeter and "When The Saints Go Marching In". Can you imagine all of us Lutherans bellowing AND CLAPPING! What a sight.
With all the wind, we lost our cable just before half-time of the Lions game (boy, was Scott disappointed). This also meant that we had no internet. Couldn't exactly start raking leaves with all the gusty wind, so it ended up being a low key afternoon. Had dinner at the In-laws, and then came home to watch another freebie from the library. I'm happy to report that as of this morning, we are finally back in business with cable. And to imagine, I had lived without it until the age of 20!
whatta weekend
Monday, November 7, 2005 Posted by Rach at 11:45 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment