happy new year


I've been living under a rock the past two weeks during Christmas vacation, and I must say, it's been fantastic. I had to start emerging from my cozy, protected hideout this weekend and prepare to get back into the swing of things with the kids, MOPS, and other responsibilities. But doing so has only reaffirmed my thoughts that less is more. Taking care of the challenges and dailies of life within our own family was much more enjoyable without the "noise" from the outside. And the more I dig out from under the rock, the more noise, stimulation, and distraction there is. I want to crawl back in.

2014? You've been warned. Cutbacks will be made.

I've always believed that quality is more important than quantity. And I've had no problems applying that belief to other parts of life. Now it's time to make it stick.

1 comments:

mom said...

Dad and I are starting our Ortberg study:When the Game is Over, It All Goes Back in the Box (the title of the book)
Your New Years commentary reminds me of the end of ch.2: what lasts forever? The temporary list is rather long, the forever list is short: God, other people, my soul, deeds of love.
Love never ends.....love deeply as Christ loved us and gave himself for us.

Food for thought....
Welcome 2014!



Free Counters