morning out with mom


Today was Andrew's preschool field trip to a local orchard and he loved it! I'm not sure he knew what to expect, but once we pulled in the words started flowing:
Why are we parking on the grass?
Where's the animals?
I see a big red barn!
Can we go over there?
Can we ride on the tractor?
Where is Mrs. L? I SEE HER!!!!























It wasn't long until our very own tractor-pulled-wagon drove up to take our group. For Andrew, this was the highlight of the morning. On the ride out to the pumpkin patch, we sat directly behind the tractor. Andrew noticed the hitch, the driver, the big wheels... and his face said it all.




Upon arrival to the pumpkin patch, our group disembarked the wagon into the big fields. Andrew did not. He insisted we see the tractor, take a picture, find the driver and ride on it. He was a bit crushed when I did not allow him to climb on the steps and try driving.


















In the end, we did get pumpkins. Had a doughnut and apple juice boxes (less costly, I suppose, than apple cider this year with the bad harvest). Visited the animals and had a good time playing.




















And what would a trip to the orchard be without the purchase of cider for the biggest cider fans, Scott and Morgan. As one of Andrew's teachers joked, yes, you do need a second mortgage to make that purchase this year. Hope those two enjoy every drop as much as Andrew and I enjoyed our morning out.

1 comments:

Carl said...

I wish I had his curiosity and enthusiasm for the big wide world out there... Grandpa M.



Free Counters