kindergarten

This morning was Morgan's first day of Kindergarten. And it was awesome.



As I prayed with Morgan at her bedside last night, she giggled nervously, listening to me ask for a restful night and smooth morning. And God provided. Aside from my forgetfulness (leaving her snack in the fridge), their were no issues with getting to school on time, checking into the classroom and saying our goodbyes. 

While Scott then went off to work, Andrew and I attended the opening chapel service with other parents and enjoyed kicking off the year with our new school family. Not until he and I walked to the van did I feel that emotional swell. I was filled with such gratitude, so thankful that God had allowed this morning to not only be a success, but for Scott and I to be present for it. And a little apologetic that I hadn't placed more trust in Him. 

You see, in the last week, I fell asleep every night wondering worrying if we'd get through some pretty big events before Baby arrived: Scott's birthday, a special party invitation, Andrew's birthday, Morgan's first day of Kindergarten. So today, as with so many other experiences in my life, I looked back at my anxiousness and realized I need to do a better job at living out one of my favorite Bible verses:

"Be still and know that I am God." Psalm 46:10

Life is all coming together perfectly, just as God intended. Clearly it is not me in control here, but One who can far surpass even my best preparations.























Scott and I are both slightly stunned - our cautious little girl, while maybe still quiet in the classroom, has come home from her first day of Kindergarten transformed, spilling forth details from her day, wild about school and ready to take on tomorrow, complete with another hand-picked outfit and overflowing with giddiness about what she'll encounter. 

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Praise God...from whom ALL blessings flow!

...and Morgan did not go hungry.



Free Counters