loving the water


Over the course of the summer, we've made several visits to our friends' pool and enjoyed the cool water on hot days. The kids have each taken their own approach to swimming: Morgan reluctant and cautious, but making small strides on her own terms; Andrew eager and independent, insisting on doing most of his pool exploration with little help.

I recently acquired a freebie Puddle Jumper with intentions of Morgan wearing it for more security and confidence in the water. Unfortunately, the strap is just too tight. It is, after all, intended for smaller children.  Instead Andrew was eager to give it a whirl, and once he put it on this afternoon, there was no turning back.

In lieu of the traditional life jacket that he had been wearing, this device let him swim with ease. After a short time, he was paddling solo across the pool between Scott and I, his infamous smile plastered across his face.



As I tucked him into bed tonight, I practiced those six words and said, "I love to watch you swim!" It wasn't long before he closed his sleepy eyes and drifted off to sleep, dreaming - I'm sure - of his next visit to the pool. 

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like an ad in the making.....you should send this on to the company....



Free Counters