sweet little dress


Sunday mornings have been a bit of a battle lately. Morgan's wardrobe for church is pretty pathetic and with the change in seasons, she's down to one dress that she doesn't really like and another casual play dress that came with leggings. The process of picking out clothes for church is not fun.

During a recent sale, I purchased this pattern for Morgan and thought the finished dress would make for a nice Christmas gift. However, after another Morgan vs. Mommy go-round this morning, I began to rethink my plan.


















I spent the afternoon sewing and am nearly finished with her very first Sweet Little Dress. Just needs a hem and the elastic holes closed. (Didn't care for the optional belt.)























Morgan will have her new corduroy print dress ready for church next Sunday. A cardigan and tights will complete the look. And best of all, she has approved of it's cuteness.

4 comments:

Anne said...

Love it! And love the photos....you're so creative! :)

Carl said...

Who says you cannot sew?

mom said...

AMEN to dad's comment! I expect many more sewing experiences to be part of your future! I knew you could do it! :):) Mom

Rach said...

Fair enough, Mom and Dad, but for the record, I am nowhere near qualified enough to be putting in zippers and linings (a certain purple dress comes to mind). At least not yet :)



Free Counters