I am craving change.
That isn't a phrase that leaves my mouth very often. In fact, I'm usually one of the last people on board with a new idea. But we need a shake-up around here. Everything seems gray, dirty and old. And the comfort of routine has become too much, the rhythm of our days way too repetitive. Like any good beat that gets you going, after a while, it becomes annoying, headache-inducing noise. And I'm having a tough time getting over the hump, instead just existing at an even keel with the recurring beat thumping subtly in my head.
Must be time for a to-do list for a new, fresh outlook. What can I modify or transform that will do the same for my attitude? This is what my brainstorm produced:
Move the furniture around.
Organize the kids' closets.
Try a new recipe this week.
Complete one of my bookmarked projects.
Reline the pantry shelves with new paper.
Vacuum the van.
Redeem that massage certificate.
Get a haircut.
How do you jumpstart when your tank is running low?
stale
Wednesday, February 23, 2011 Posted by Rach at 12:53 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Rach...
Take a road trip somewhere new. April and May are great out here in Denver. :)
Feeling the same way Rachel. We are in the middle of a painting project..5 years overdue and have to get it all done in less than a week(before Ethan's bday party). Change and stressed, all rolled into one;)
Rach-
I love your list of things to do. You're really walking on the wild-side these days, eh?
Haha, juuust kidding :)
We used to call it "spring fever", Rach! Hits here around the same time every year!
I say the first place to start is prayer. And then that FREE massage!! It will only be short lived enjoyment but it sounds so wonderful.
Post a Comment