Morgan's hair twirling has gone from girlie habit to a daily obsession. A full-on
get-the-scissors-to-cut-the-knot obsession. Every day on the left side.
One day last week, Morgan called me from her room in a slight panic. While in bed, she had twirled her hair so tightly that her finger had literally become stuck. Again with the scissors.
The more she twirled, the more we discussed a short haircut. Not as any sort of punishment or consequence, but as a preventative measure so that she wouldn't be walking into preschool rocking an asymmetrical haircut. After looking at pictures from last year, Morgan asked when she could have short hair again. That was my cue.
I brushed up on my hair-cutting skills Saturday night, watching technique from trained professionals on You-Tube. (No laughing, Dad!) And Sunday afternoon while Andrew played and Scott suffered through another Lions game, Morgan and I headed to the basement with the laptop and a 45-minute VeggieTales movie.
And this is the result - click to zoom. These pictures were taken after Monday's twirl-free nap, so pardon the bed head in the back. I still think she looks adorable.





6 comments:
She looks adorable! And I'm seriously impressed with your hair-cutting skills. Fantastic job!
LOVE IT!!!!
Are you going into business yet?!
Amazing cut, Rach! Maybe you should have a side business.
I'm impressed -- great job -- she looks adorable! I'm sure Amy wishes we had youtube when she was about four years old. She's never recovered!
Looks great!!!!!! I can't believe how long her hair is! or was!
Post a Comment