Insulation of the basement was completed today, and tomorrow the drywall begins. Exciting! This transition also signals our last chance to leave behind something for the future. So tonight we did just that.
Because we were out of town over the holiday weekend, there was a mix-up with the delivery of our Sunday paper. We received two - the extra was a perfect time capsule item. Kept in tact with original sale flyers and rubber band, I slipped a note with the paper:
Our time capsule for the future. Buried May 2010 during basement remodel.
Scott, Rachel, Morgan and Andrew
(owners 2004 to ...?)
It now sits wedged under the framing of the basement steps. Tomorrow the newspaper and note will be enclosed with drywall, waiting to be discovered by future home owners. Will it be another 40 years before our treasure is found?
3 comments:
How fun! I am going to copy you :)
That is the greatest idea! I think it is perfect for a time capsule.
The next thing you will be filling out on on the washer will be a check for the contractor. Not as much fun.
Post a Comment