stealth

I've always known that my mom was very selective about which ingredients were common knowledge in the dinners we ate, fearing that if we really knew the truth, we'd go to bed hungry. Lately, I've been walking in her shoes. In fact just today, I added a couple cubes of Andrew's homemade baby food to Morgan's lunch. And do you know what? She gobbled it up like nobody's business!

Mom's original recipe with Velveeta, combined with
inspiration from Jessica Seinfield's Deceptively Delicious

PLUS...
The last three cubes of Andrew's butternut squash


EQUALS...
Mac and cheese... and a bit of squash! YUM?

We were out of elbow macaroni, so maybe the new rotini shape helped disguise the orange flecks. No matter. Morgan practically licked the "cheese" from her plate upon finishing. Go, Mommy!

Now if the Mac and Cheese Expert (Joel) came over for lunch, I'm not so sure I could pull a fast one on him.

5 comments:

kelsey said...

Ahh, yes. I think you're right about the 'expert.' There's no 'duping' him when it comes to food :)

mom said...

Oh... don't be too fast to say that! If Joel only knew....however, the mac and cheese....no, there is no fooling him there.
I'm curious Rach, what have you secretly added to your hubby's meals???

Rach said...

Now how stealth would I be if I divulged ALL my secrets?!? :)

I will tell you this... I found more squash and almost put it in the spaghetti sauce we had for dinner, but by the time I thought of it, Scott was already home.

I've also done the ground turkey and ground beef switcharoo, plus I leave butter off of most veggies and out of most pasta mixes.

Now that we're approaching the height of baby food making, there's no telling where the added fruits and veggies will turn up!

*~Dani~* said...

Super stealth and super savvy. I have found that enough cheese makes everything okay. Even butternut squash.

Amanda said...

Good job! I need to get that book, I can only get Addie to eat carrots.



Free Counters