five yards. fish and chips.

On Thursday we had five yards of top soil delivered to our driveway. Wish I would have gotten a picture of that. Today Scott and his dad worked hard to even out the settling yard. We assume that the previous owners had a new water line put in, because wouldn't you know it, the valley in our front yard matches perfectly. With the other half of the dirt pile that remained, the guys worked (and I did, too, while Morgan napped) to fill Lake N. that appears every spring near the shed in the back yard.








For dinner tonight, I experimented with my very first fish fry. First stop? The food network site for Alton Brown's
Chips and Fish recipe. He's so scientific that I knew I couldn't fail with frying. And I didn't. Remarks from the crowd (and by "crowd" I mean Scott): "Tastes just like Gorton's." I wasn't sure if that was a compliment or complaint, but I took it positively. If I can replicate a box, well, that must be good for something, right?

Just like Alton, I used a thermometer to test the oil temperature and a mandolin to slice the potatoes. Exra tools = extra mess. This is definitely an operation that I won't undertake often.



Looks very restaurant-like to me.



Morgan wasn't into the chips (fried potatoes) so much. She set them aside and went for the green beans instead. What a healthy eater she is already.

Green beans gone and another potato on the side.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kevin says, "Scott missed his calling. Looks like a true landscaper out there. Nice Job!!"

Anonymous said...

Wouldn't you know it Kevin, I got about 3-4 calls from Rachel I what steps should be taken.

From the pictures Rachel it looks as if my suggestions worked!

Em said...

Curtis would love your fish and chips, Rach!! And it looks like you have another fan too. And your lawn is going to look awesome!!

Anonymous said...

I tried that beer batter recipe about a year ago. I haven't made it since but, it's still in the recipe box because it turned out so well! Love seeing another foodnetwork.com junkie :)

Kami/The Elegant Elle said...

Your lawn is going to look great! And good for you attempting fish and chips! I have to get back into cooking again! I have been lazy since Easton!



Free Counters