Tonight I gladly bid farewell to our Christmas tree. Typically I like to wait until Epiphany is celebrated, and though we're just hours away, I'm glad to get that dying spruce out of our living room!
Why the sudden urge to purge this year? Maybe it's because I've been home all day, every day, to enjoy the tree before Christmas even arrived. Or perhaps I've started feeling claustrophobic with the new addition of toys as part of our decor. Most likely, my obsession for all things neat and tidy kicked into overdrive - I'm not sure I could handle another brittle needle dropping to the floor.
Hauling the tree to the curb was a great feeling, as was vacuuming up the remnants off our carpeting. The Christmas season is officially over, at least at our house. And I'm more than okay with that.
until next year
Saturday, January 5, 2008 Posted by Rach at 9:32 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment