the little things

Does your spouse make the bed? Clean poop stains? Watch HGTV? Do the dishes? I'm proud to say that mine does (sorry, honey, your secrets are out)! To me, nothing says love like being a part of the team. Or maybe I should rephrase, maybe it's taking one for the team? I like to think I'm a pretty good teammate, too. I watch Lions, Tigers and Pistons - I draw the line at the Red Wings - fold undershirts in a very matter-of-fact way, and every now and then... look out... I throw some full-priced treats into the grocery cart.

It's those little things in the daily routine of life that make a marriage successful. It's wanting to do something for the other person more than for yourself. And it's always, always best when it's least expected. So while today marks the anniversary of our three-year union, we both know that it's the in's and out's of every day that really count. And that is why our average, any night of the week chicken dish will not be a dinner disappointment tonight, but rather another opportunity to listen to each other, talk about the day's events and enjoy another anniversary.

3 comments:

Amy said...

Happy Anniversary, Scott and Rachel! I pray you'll enjoy many, many more. :)

Anonymous said...

AMEN!! Oh, to be so wise so early in your lives!

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversay, Happy Anniversary, Haaaapppy Anniver-sary! :) (that was me singing) I can't believe it's been 3 years already. Congratulations! :)



Free Counters