exhale

Well, I did it. I survived the first week at my new job. And actually, it wasn't even a whole week (I started on Wednesday). Getting up early has been an adjustment, and I'm finding that I start to wane in the early afternoon. I'm sure that will all change once I get used to my new routine.

The commute has been pretty great. Weather-depending, I need to leave the house by 7:15-7:25am for the gruesome morning drive. Leaving work at 4:30pm, however, is fantastic. All three nights I've been home by 5:00, and I love that. We can still eat dinner at a reasonable time!

It's been surprisingly easy to figure people out already... there are 60+ employees that work in our office, and get this... I can only count six guys! Makes for an interesting dynamic. And even as a newbie, I've been asked to attend a national conference next week in Las Vegas. I'll be going with my new boss and another gal who works out of the Grand Rapids office. Looking forward to that trip for sure.


Thanks to everyone for your thoughts and prayers about this new adventure. It really means more than you know!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rachel:
Glad you're new job is going well!
Keep away from the slots in Vegas...of course if you hit a jackpot you could give mega $ to the Alzheimer's Association and have job security forever!



Free Counters